Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 12 - Back to work

Monday, 27 July 2009
Monday was my first day back at work since the surgery. I'm really glad that I took the whole of last week to recover my vision, because I felt a lot more safe driving on the highway today. My left eye was crystal clear with the far vision. My right eye was still pretty blurry. Things were recognizable, but they were fuzzed around the edges--losing definition. I was still seeing ghosting out of my right eye throughout the day.

Sitting down at a computer and working through the day was a head-throbbing experience. My left eye, good as it is with far vision, fluctuates ever so slightly focusing in on the near vision. It makes the fonts on the screen waver from side to side--it's not a pleasant experience. My right eye was practically useless with reading a computer screen. I pretty much ended up using my left eye dominantly to get any work done. I also took a lot of breaks and spent as much time as possible talking with people face to face rather than doing computer work.

My right eye doesn't feel rough, but there is still a very noticable burning sensation after using it so consistently over 10 hours. It is still evidently healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment