Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 13 - A bit less wonky

Tuesday, 28 July 2009
My second day back at work was not punctuated by anything earth-shattering. My eyes did noticeably clear up throughout the day. Whereas in the morning sitting in front of a computer screen made my eyes feel fairly wonky, by the early evening my right eye had come into focus a lot more substantially. A lot of the ghosting is gone now. There's just that hint of out of focus blur that tells me that the epitelium is still smoothing over. My right eye is on the slow recovery plan.

I did a lot more computer work today. So much so that I enlarged the fonts from their default 9pt to 12pt. That made the world of difference with reducing eye strain. Writing this on my home computer this evening is the first time that I can sit back at a normal distance from the monitor and comfortably read the screen with both eyes.

On my drive home I noticed that the license plates of other cars looked almost crisp and clear out of my right eye. That was a nice first. The lettering of signs and the streetlights are also almost completely in focus. Another nice first.

Tomorrow just may mark the first day that I have crisp vision from both eyes. That will be exactly 2 weeks post-op. I have a 9am follow-up appointment with the optomotrist tomorrow morning. I'm really hoping that the vision test shows that my eyes are really corrected as well as I think that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment