Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 14 - 2 Weeks

Wednesday, 29 July 2009
Today marks 2 weeks post-op. I had a follow-up appointment this morning. My vision is 20/20 in both eyes. There's still some residual ghosting in both eyes. Much less so in my left than my right. The doctor said that my left eye healed really well. She still sees a very thin ridge line on my right eye where the epithelium is still smoothing out. This explains why there's still some ghosting going on. I am still applying Lotamax drops 4 times/day. The doctor says that Lotamax acts as an anti-inflammatory that slows down the healing process so that the cells regrow smoothly and evenly, without causing defects. I have another follow-up appointment next Wednesday, where the Lotamax will likely be dialed back to 2 times/day. The Restasis is starting to make a difference. My eyes don't dry out so much during the day; at night, especially, there is much less discomfort.

My vision with both eyes together is clearer and crisper than either of the two eyes individually. I am very pleased with the results so far. I expect my vision to continue to clear up over the next 2-4 weeks as the little imperfections get filled in. Despite the rough recovery, I would recommend PRK to anyone considering laser vision correction. It takes longer short-term, but now that the healing is well progressed, I feel secure knowing that there is no chance of flap complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment