Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 8 - Clarity

Thursday, 23 July 2009
Thursday was my first day not punctuated by a visit to the optomotrist. All of these post-op visits, incidentally, are covered in the lump sum that the surgery center collected on the day of surgery. The surgery center gives the optomotrist about 28% of the collected cost to cover post-op fees. I'm sure that the optomotrists like patients who heal rapidly. I've been on the slow end of the curve, so they've been seeing me more often.

The absolutely best thing that happened today was waking up and finding that my left eye was in focus. Hazy, but clearly in focus. In the left hand side of my visual world, things now looked much clearer. As the day progressed, and the epithelium continued to be smoothed out, the haziness dissipated, leaving me with very clear vision. I was elated. This was the first time in a full week that I was seeing the benefits of this surgery.

I tried sitting in front of a computer for the first time today. I could last about 5 minutes before the strain of my right eye trying to piece together two very divergent images proved too much. So I tabled the computer experience for another day. Later in the evening, I tried watching TV, and eventually had to go to bed because the strain of watching the images on the television set split into two images was driving my head berzonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment